Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Color Throwdown 39

Hi Friends,


I hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful weekend. We have had a great weekend that has just flown by. Saturday night, our church showed Fireproof, and then today we went to church. Carlin taught today during Family Bible Hour on why we should disciple. I know I am biased, but I thought he did a wonderful job.
So after coming home from church and taking a much needed nap, I finally put together something for the Color Throwdown Challenge 39. The colors to use were Stampin Up: Barely Banana, Real Red, and Basic Black. I had troubles with this one. However, in the end, I like the way it turned out.

Unfortunately, the Barely Banana is so light that it blends in with the white background. I apologize for the photo. I embossed the damask image with black embossing powder. I love what embossing adds to cards.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a very blessed evening!

Lynnette

Supplies: Stamps: Paper Trey Damask Designs; Paper: Stampin Up Barely Banana, Real Red, and Basic Black; Accessories: Stampin Up embossing powder, ribbon, and scalloped punch; FooFaLa buttons

6 comments:

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

This card is beautiful and so classy! I love embossing too.
Our church just had a discussion for our couples Sat night about the Love Dare book from the movie fireproof...it was awesome!

Rose said...

Beautiful card!! I love the movie Fireproof and just found it on DVD!!

Angela said...

So elegant and pretty!

Courtney Baker said...

Um wow girl. This is one of my new favs from you!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is STUNNING! What a gorgeous, elegant card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! (Did you just LOVE Fireproof? We had to go buy it after seeing it at church so we can watch it over and over. I think every couple should HAVE to watch it at least once a month!)

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful!! I love this light yellow and black combo. I would have never thought of that. It looks so classy! :)