Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Playdate Cafe color challenge

Hi Friends,

Well, we had more storms last night.  The wind was really whipping around, and yes, there are more damaged limbs in the tree. So far, the momma bird and her nest are unharmed.  She’s quite protective of the nest, let me tell you.

So onto today’s card… I’m getting another one in under the wire for the Playdate Cafe challenge. They are doing their colorsplash challenge, and I just love those. I really wanted to play along, so I made the card tonight, just in time.  The primary colors are black and white with a splash of blue. 

Here’s what I came up with (using my new Unity Kit of the Month along with some W Plus 9 stamps).

 DSC_0098DSC_0100

Here’s a close up of the flowers and the butterfly. I put on some sparkle using the Spica Clear pen, but it’s so subtle that you really cannot see it in the photo. However, it’s a nice little touch in real life:)

 

 

So did you all submit to the recent Papercrafts publication call? I submitted a few, but I didn’t overdo it this time.

I hope you are all doing well. Remember the Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge. You have until 27 June, and there’s a $25 gift card for the Lawn Fawn store at stake!

Hugs and blessings

Lynnette

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is soo pretty!!

Ann said...

Super cute, Lynnette! We've had hideous storms here, too...getting tired of all the rain.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such cute imgaes you used! Glad you made it under the wire again this week! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Jocelyn said...

super cute card...love the b/w with blue accents. we have had some major storms here too, but so far no damage.

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Lynnette! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Karen B. said...

Great combo of stamps, and oh my, lovely layout!

Julie Ranae said...

I am a huge fan of your work, Lynette and I LoVe this color splash entry! Wonderful!!!

Anne said...

This is just wonderful- love the combo of stamps and colors!