Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Randomness

Hi Friends

Happy Friday!  I want to thank you all for your great response to the Lawn Fawn Cards for Kids Drive.  The response was great, and I am so grateful for your sweet comments.  I am way behind on reading and commenting on blogs, but I plan to do some catching up this weekend.  I just love seeing what my blogging friends are creating. I know I’ll be inspired.

Today I thought I’d share a couple of things. First, a friend of mine had me make her daughter’s birthday invitations and decorations for her cupcakes. You can see the invites here.  Today, I thought I’d share what the cupcake toppers looked like on the cupcakes.

44867_10150256326685093_561450092_14293689_6296008_n

The second thing I want to share is a card that I made for the CARDS Create blog. 

DSC_0017-2_edited-1

I was elated that I was asked to be the CARDS August Designer of the Month awhile back. CARDS is a wonderful, inspiring publication.  It was the first magazine in which I had anything published, so this was really special for me.  Northridge publishing has a blog called Create for their various publications, and they have a feature for their monthly designer. For August, that included me.  You can find the interview and post here.

I almost didn’t post about this because I do not want to sound like I am bragging.  I am really still in a state of disbelief, I cannot believe they asked me.  I do want to encourage any of you who are interested in being published to go for it. 

As you can tell from the card above, it is filled with Lawn Fawn goodness.  I used Critters in the Burbs, Petite Florals, How Delightful and Partly Cloudy to make it.  It is not a card that you could easily mass produce. There was a lot of coloring, cutting and embossing on it.  I just had a good time playing and went with it.  I wanted a fun scene, and this is the result.  All the instructions and supplies for the card are detailed on the Create Blog.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

Lynnette

12 comments:

Brandi said...

Congrats girl! I am so excited for you! Those cupcakes look so yummy, man I must be hungry! :)

Lyndsie said...

Congrats! That is such a wonderful accomplishment. The card is adorable...definitely put a smile on my face

Carly said...

Big congrats and so well deserved! You are really creative and talented. So love this card too! Super cute!

Christiana said...

Congratulations, Lynette! Wow, that's quite the accomplishment, but honestly, I'm not surprised. Your talent is astounding.

Love the card! And love that it's all Lawn Fawn!

Ayana Posadas said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!
I read your interview the other day and it was great! Big congrats to you!!! :)

Tigriswillreign said...

Not only do those cupcakes look gorgeous, the card is so vibrant and alluring!!!

Irena said...

Gorgeous creations.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Those cupcakes do look yummy!! I may have to make a batch!

Ruby said...

Aw what a CUTE card, and congratulations on your accomplishment!!

Kelly said...

off the hook cute! Love the bunny in the umbrella! LOVE your work Congrats!

Winter said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats Lynnette! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats girlfriend.....you deserve this honor!!!! You are sooooooooooooooooooo talented!! This card is sooooooo awesome!!!!